REMINDER: MEETING IS TONIGHT (WEATHER PERMITTING)
THE PTSA BOARD SLATE HAS BEEN FINALIZED FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
WE WILL VOTE ON THESE POSITIONS ON THURSDAY, JULY 23, AT 7:00 PM AT THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT IN THE BUS LOOP. PLEASE CONSIDER ATTENDING THIS GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Our nominating committee has worked hard to secure candidates to replace our outgoing Treasurer and Secretary. Our nominating committee includes Aby Filomena, Randi Chapman, and Yen Wang. Thank you so much for their excellent work during the nominating process this spring.
Our 2020 – 2021 PTSA officer slate is as follows for the next school year:
- President – Nicole Diresta
- VP1 – Chris Engel
- VP2 – Jen Sprague Hilderbrand
- Treasurer – Amy Lolley
- Secretary – Geeta de Silva
- Delegates – Aruna Madakasira and Camille Faybi
Positions to Fill:
We also have an urgent request for volunteers for the upcoming school year. We know this will be an unprecedented school year and we need support for key positions in order to provide our school and community with our programs and activities.
If you are interested, please reach out to any member of the PTSA Board or email email@example.com.
- After School Activities Chair – most likely virtual classes but we still need a coordinator
- Book Fair – Likely, virtual.
- Directory – This is a short term role that is essential and detail oriented
- International Night – If we can host, looking for someone to co-host and take over the next year
- First Lego League – vacant
- Odyssey of the Mind – vacant
- Reflections Art Contest Coordinator – vacant
- School Store – Need 1 or more parents to manage inventory, sales, and volunteers (looking at virtual options)
- Staff cookie buffet, other events to support meals for the teachers
There are plenty of other roles that we could use your help, any time you can manage would be most appreciated.
The PTSA General meeting will take place on July 23rd at 7pm in the BUS LOOP Parking lot. Please park your car, stand behind your car, and wear a mask. There will be a speaker set up so you will hopefully hear the PTSA and CJMS staff run a short meeting so we can vote in the new Board and start our school year off.