Join Cabin John MS alum Amy Smith on Tuesday May 11th at 7pm for a presentation – “Connecting with Meaningful Activities in Middle School and Beyond.” Amy will share ideas to help middle school students pave an activity path that is meaningful to them without getting caught up in the college stress too early. In other words…do you have to join 50 clubs and start a business? Absolutely NOT, and here’s why! You CAN find activities that are meaningful & relevant to YOU (and SAFE during the pandemic). Amy, a journalist, publicist, and college essay coach, owns Power Hour Editing and helps college-bound students jumpstart their process, stand out, amplify their voices, and power to the finish line. Amy will share middle school-specific information about…
· What will colleges eventually look for, and how/if should this affect your decisions now?
· Pandemic Pivots – With so many restrictions, how can you STILL participate, get involved, and give back to your community in a SAFE way?
· What is a deep dive, and what does that mean to you?
· How have other students “pivoted” and done new things during the pandemic?
· What are some creative resources to help you find programs/online classes/community service/and more?
Register here, and you’ll receive an email follow-up with additional tips after the presentation -> https://forms.gle/EwRJjkxZhqGkLzKU9
A webinar link will be sent out prior to the meeting.