Our PTSA supports critical academic needs, is an active voice on decisions that impact your child’s health, safety, and quality of education, and builds a stronger, more inclusive school community.
Even in uncertainty, even during this Covid-19 pandemic that we are experiencing, Cabin John Middle School’s PTSA will continue its efforts to support the teachers, staff, and students — thus your support is needed now more than ever
We invite you to join Cabin John Middle School’s PTSA because increasing our membership, even by one, makes it possible to:
- Provide critical technology needs identified by the school.
- Provide physical books for students to take home and read.
- Provide programming and events to celebrate the many cultures at CJMS, such as the Flamenco dance performance during Hispanic Heritage Month, and the Kankouran West African Drum performance during Black History Month.
- Support student financial aid requests and Instructional Aid support.
- Sponsor “No Place for Hate” and partner with the Anti-Defamation League to designate CJMS as a “No Place for Hate” school, providing resources for students, staff, and parents to help ensure a welcoming learning environment.
- Sponsor Teacher Appreciation events and activities throughout the year to demonstrate our gratitude for our teachers and administrators.
- Provide vital enrichment activities by supporting after-school programs like Model UN, First Lego League, Odyssey of the Mind, and Flex Academies.
- Convene parents, teachers, staff, and children, building community and understanding through in-person or virtual events, like: Back to School Picnic, Parent’s Social, International Night, Movie Night, Topical Speakers, and Principal’s Tea’s.
Additional Student and Parent Benefits
- Student Membership benefits: Students who join the PTSA will receive priority notice about Student Service Learning (SSL) Events. In addition, students have a voice and can vote at PTSA general membership meetings!
- Stay informed! Sign up for Cougar Clips! This how we communicate with you about these events and opportunities!! https://cabinjohnptsa.org/cougar-clips/
- Parent Membership benefits: Whether you’re buying school supplies or renting a car for your next family vacation, PTSA members can save money on everyday purchases thanks to National PTA’s Member Offers. Click here to learn about the benefits.
This year our goal is to raise $40,000! We need you!
What it costs
Parent Membership Fee $50 (includes up to 2 adults, one printed directory, plus directory computer and phone app)
Student Membership(s) $10/Each (available only with above – no directory)
Teacher/Staff membership Fee $10
Tax-Deductible Contribution to the PTSA (Suggested $75/Student)
Additional Directories $7.50/Each
Reduced Membership Fee for Families with Special Financial Needs $20 (includes up to 2 adults, one printed directory, plus directory computer and phone app) Please email [email protected]
How to Join!
FOLLOW THESE THREE EASY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Verify your information. If you are established in the AtoZ Membership platform, you only only need to verify your information. After logging on to the sit, click on the button at the top that says: “UPDATE PERSONAL INFO”. If you are new to the platform, please create an account and provide your contact information. Your contact information will be listed in the Student Directory and will enable us to send you newsletters and updates.
- Visit the Membership Tab (on the right), Purchase a CJMS PTSA Membership and Donate to the PTSA .
- Visit the Volunteer page (on the right) and sign up to volunteer for one of the many activities and positions available with the PTSA. We can’t do this without you!
Alternatively, if you would like to join on paper, please use this 2022-2023 Membership Form.
DEADLINE: Please verify your information and purchase your membership by October 9, 2022 so we can mail out the printed Student Directory as soon as possible. Printed directories and access to the online directory are only available to PTSA members!
Membership Chair contact info:
Accomplishments in prior years
Cabin John MS PTSA membership awards by MCCPTA:
- “Engage it” 100%+membership vs. enrollment – May 2017
- “Highest engagement” membership vs. enrollment – January 2018
- “October Membership Challenge Winner for exceeding 100 memberships” October 2018
Cougar Clips – Sign up to receive updates and information about Cabin John PTSA activities and events.
Facebook – Show your support! Like us on Facebook!