Our PTSA supports critical academic needs, is an active voice on decisions that impact your child’s health, safety, and quality of education, and builds a stronger, more inclusive school community.
Even in uncertainty, even during this Covid-19 pandemic that we are experiencing, Cabin John Middle School’s PTSA will continue its efforts to support the teachers, staff, and students — thus your support is needed now more than ever
We invite you to join Cabin John Middle School’s PTSA because increasing our membership, even by one, makes it possible to:
- Provide critical technology needs identified by the school.
- Provide physical books for students to take home and read.
- Provide programming and events to celebrate the many cultures at CJMS, such as the Flamenco dance performance during Hispanic Heritage Month, and the Kankouran West African Drum performance during Black History Month.
- Support student financial aid requests and Instructional Aid support.
- Sponsor “No Place for Hate” and partner with the Anti-Defamation League to designate CJMS as a “No Place for Hate” school, providing resources for students, staff, and parents to help ensure a welcoming learning environment.
- Sponsor Teacher Appreciation events and activities throughout the year to demonstrate our gratitude for our teachers and administrators.
- Provide vital enrichment activities by supporting after-school programs like Model UN, First Lego League, Odyssey of the Mind, and Flex Academies.
- Convene parents, teachers, staff, and children, building community and understanding through in-person or virtual events, like: Back to School Picnic, Parent’s Social, International Night, Movie Night, Topical Speakers, and Principal’s Tea’s.
Additional Student and Parent Benefits
- Student Membership benefits: Students who join the PTSA will receive priority notice about Student Service Learning (SSL) Events. In addition, students have a voice and can vote at PTSA general membership meetings!
- Stay informed! Sign up for Cougar Clips! This how we communicate with you about these events and opportunities!! https://cabinjohnptsa.org/cougar-clips/
- Parent Membership benefits: Whether you’re buying school supplies or renting a car for your next family vacation, PTSA members can save money on everyday purchases thanks to National PTA’s Member Offers. Click here to learn about the benefits.
This year our goal is to raise $40,000! We need you!
What it costs
Parent Membership Fee $40 (includes up to 2 adults, one printed directory, plus directory computer and phone app)
Student Membership(s) $10/Each (available only with above – no directory)
Teacher/Staff membership Fee $10
Tax-Deductible Contribution to the PTSA (Suggested $75/Student)
Additional Directories $7.50/Each
Reduced Membership Fee for Families with Special Financial Needs $20 (includes up to 2 adults, one printed directory, plus directory computer and phone app) Please email Membership.email@example.com.
How to Join!
- Login to the AtoZ directory app.
New Families to CJMS: If you don’t receive our “CJMS PTSA – Verification data” email by the first week of August, please go to https://atozconnect.com and select “Join as a new family.” Your completed submission will be approved shortly at which point you will be able to join the PTSA online and access the AtoZ online directory.
- Login to the AtoZ directory app.
- If this is your first time accessing the AtoZ directory app for the year, verify your information and click support to enter grocery card numbers!
- Click purchase to join the PTSA and check the number of Parent Memberships (two parents can join on each parent membership) and Student Memberships (one student membership per student) your family wants.
- Select the amount of additional donation you wish to make (recommended $75/student enrolled at CJMS). Donations enable the PTSA to offer its great enrichment opportunities without having to sell wrapping paper, cookies, etc.
- Checkout and complete the wizard.
Return the completed CJMS PTSA Membership Form 2020 – 2021 together with payment (cash or check) to the school main office.
Membership Chair contact info:
Christine Parker Hunt
Accomplishments in prior years
Cabin John MS PTSA membership awards by MCCPTA:
- “Engage it” 100%+membership vs. enrollment – May 2017
- “Highest engagement” membership vs. enrollment – January 2018
- “October Membership Challenge Winner for exceeding 100 memberships” October 2018
Cougar Clips – Sign up to receive updates and information about Cabin John PTSA activities and events.
Facebook – Show your support! Like us on Facebook!