Our PTSA supports critical academic needs, is an active voice on decisions that impact your child’s health, safety, and quality of education, and builds a stronger, more inclusive school community.
Even in uncertainty, even during this Covid-19 pandemic that we are experiencing, Cabin John Middle School’s PTSA will continue its efforts to support the teachers, staff, and students — thus your support is needed now more than ever
We invite you to join Cabin John Middle School’s PTSA because increasing our membership, even by one, makes it possible to:
- Provide critical technology needs identified by the school.
- Provide physical books for students to take home and read.
- Provide programming and events to celebrate the many cultures at CJMS, such as the Flamenco dance performance during Hispanic Heritage Month, and the Kankouran West African Drum performance during Black History Month.
- Support student financial aid requests and Instructional Aid support.
- Sponsor “No Place for Hate” and partner with the Anti-Defamation League to designate CJMS as a “No Place for Hate” school, providing resources for students, staff, and parents to help ensure a welcoming learning environment.
- Sponsor Teacher Appreciation events and activities throughout the year to demonstrate our gratitude for our teachers and administrators.
- Provide vital enrichment activities by supporting after-school programs like Model UN, First Lego League, Odyssey of the Mind, and Flex Academies.
- Convene parents, teachers, staff, and children, building community and understanding through in-person or virtual events, like: Back to School Picnic, Parent’s Social, International Night, Movie Night, Topical Speakers, and Principal’s Tea’s.
Additional Student and Parent Benefits
- Student Membership benefits: Students who join the PTSA will receive priority notice about Student Service Learning (SSL) Events. In addition, students have a voice and can vote at PTSA general membership meetings!
- Stay informed! Sign up for Cougar Clips! This how we communicate with you about these events and opportunities!! https://cabinjohnptsa.org/cougar-clips/
- Parent Membership benefits: Whether you’re buying school supplies or renting a car for your next family vacation, PTSA members can save money on everyday purchases thanks to National PTA’s Member Offers. Click here to learn about the benefits.
This year our goal is to raise $40,000! We need you!
What it costs
Parent Membership Fee $40 (includes up to 2 adults, one printed directory, plus directory computer and phone app)
Student Membership(s) $10/Each (available only with above – no directory)
Teacher/Staff membership Fee $10
Tax-Deductible Contribution to the PTSA (Suggested $75/Student)
Additional Directories $7.50/Each
Reduced Membership Fee for Families with Special Financial Needs $20 (includes up to 2 adults, one printed directory, plus directory computer and phone app) Please email Membership.email@example.com.
How to Join!
New Year – New Directory! CJMS PTSA is excited to be welcoming parents and students to a new school year. Some things will look a little different this year, including the new and improved online school directory at AtoZ!!
AtoZ Connect is now powered by Membership Toolkit to bring you the best directory experience available. PTSA memberships, directories, volunteer signups, communications, online store, and more will all run through the newly improved online software. The system is secure, easy to use, and free to families.
To access the new Cabin John Middle School PTA AtoZ Connect site and get started, click here: https://cabinjohnptsa.membershiptoolkit.com..
And, follow these step-by-step instructions to verify your information, join and donate to the PTSA and volunteer:
1) Click “Register”
- IMPORTANT NOTE: EVERYONE will need to CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT on AtoZ’s new platform the first time you log on even if you used the old AtoZ app/site. If you had an account on the old AtoZ site, please CREATE AN ACCOUNT with the email account in which you are receiving this email (hint: look above in the “to:” field and use that email). By using this email address, the system will pre-populate your family contact info.
2) You’ve got mail!
- Check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
3) Finish your registration
- Parent/Family and Student Info
- Directory/Publish Preferences
4) Visit the Store
- Join the PTA ($40 for parents/$10 for students)
- Make a Donation to Support the PTA
5) Sign-up to volunteer on a committee of for an upcoming event
- We hope you will volunteer throughout the year! It is a great way to meet other families and get involved.
Alternatively, if you would like to join on paper, please use this 2021-2022 Membership Form.
Membership Chair contact info:
Accomplishments in prior years
Cabin John MS PTSA membership awards by MCCPTA:
- “Engage it” 100%+membership vs. enrollment – May 2017
- “Highest engagement” membership vs. enrollment – January 2018
- “October Membership Challenge Winner for exceeding 100 memberships” October 2018
Cougar Clips – Sign up to receive updates and information about Cabin John PTSA activities and events.
Facebook – Show your support! Like us on Facebook!