2019-20 Executive Board
President Nicole Di Resta
- Mother of three children, one at Churchill, one at Cabin John, and one at Seven Locks.
- We have been in the Churchill cluster for 7 years and I have volunteered in numerous roles inside the classrooms, on field trips, Girl Scout leader, and as a Cluster Coordinator for the Churchill Cluster.
- For the past year, I was one of the VP’s on the Cabin John PTSA leading such efforts as after school activities and the SchoolKidz Supply drive.
- My professional career has been spent working for and with Congress and the Executive Branch on a variety of issues.
- I am looking forward to continuing the work with Cabin John and the school community to create opportunities for students and the school, share information, and become involved in a number of school efforts.
Secretary Micaela Iantorno
- I have 3 kids: Michele (Mickey) in 7th grade, Marialuna in 5th grade at BMES and Vittorio who is just 15 months.
- We have lived in the area for 5 years and I have volunteered in several activities for PTA, classroom, field trips, Girls Scout etc.
- I am a physician specialized in Interventional Cardiology.
- Despite a career that keeps me busy day and night I strongly believe that volunteering and engaging more actively in school activities will inspire not only our kids to follow a strong role model but will also have the potential to impact our community to
create a stronger basis for our kids personal and professional growth.
1st Cluster Rep Jordan Grant
2nd Cluster Rep Aruna Madakasira
1st Vice President Chris Engel
2nd Vice President Jennifer Sprague-Hilderbrand
- I have five children: Kendall (7th Grade) and Warner (6th Grade) at Cabin John, Tripp (7th Grade) and Anna (4th Grade) in the Heyfield Virginia School District and Bennett (16 months).
- Over the years, I have had the pleasure of volunteering as room parent, a chaperone on various field trips, and participating during the yearly school book sale.
- My professional career has been spent working for various government agencies. Since 2005, I have worked at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/National Weather Service.
- While the five kids and full-time job keep me busy, I truly believe staying involved in my children’s school and various activities is so important for them and the community in which they belong. I am excited to participate on the PTA and join the wonderful team at Cabin John!
Treasurer Lucy Lin
- I have three daughters, two are in cabin john this school year. Selena in 8th grade and Sonia in 6th grade.
- Over the past several years, I have enjoyed many volunteering opportunities at Asburton and Seven Locks, especially I have organized over 30 workshops for parent’s education in the Hope Chinese school as well as the different roles in my church for 17 years.
- I have achieved my MBA in Finance and the certificate of medical coder/abstractor, have worked financial related jobs in the financial private sector, media company and healthcare fields. Currently I am a full-time mom.
- I believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
2019-20 MCCPTA Delegates
- Lang Lin
- Prashila Dullabh
COMMITTEE or POSITION
After School Activities
Plan, organize, market special after school programs
Organize school-wide book sale
not needed this year
PTSA bylaws are up for revision in spring 2018
Community Service Days
Organize community service days for CJMS students, staff and families
Coordinates all announcements and posts them to the PTSA website through an in intuitive WordPress editor. All posts will get disseminated automatically as a weekly email to subscribers. Maintains the events listings on the PTSA website calendar. Web skills NOT necessary. Training provided if requested. Help post upcoming events and articles of interest to our community on the CJMS FB page.
Coordinate production of Student Directory
Advocate for GT issues.
Beatriz & Chris Engel
Coordinate annual event that celebrates the cultural diversity of our school community by managing volunteers who present ethnic food tastings, cultural performances, activities and artifacts from all around the world
First Lego League Coordinator
*OPEN, *OPEN*, *OPEN*
3 volunteers to help vet a board for the upcoming year
Odyssey of the Mind school coordinator
Liaison between Odyssey of the Mind and school, coordinating teacher(s), students and materials for competition
Organize membership campaign (starts Aug). Keep parents/students informed via flyers and electronic communication. Maintain an accurate list of all PTSA memberships.
Model United Nations
Bouchra Araji, Shreelata Dhurbhakula
After School Activity coordination
Esther Lee, Genine Mahon
Arrange the three grade-level Principal’s Teas.
Reflections Art Contest
Promote, oversee and coordinate Reflections Art program
Restaurant Night Spirit Night
Organize, promote and run 2-3 local restaurant spirit nights
School Supply Kit Fundraiser
Manage School Supply Kit fundraiser
School Store Chair
Chris Engel and others
Manage store inventory and coordinate volunteers
Arrange for speakers for the PTSA meetings
Special Community Liaison
Work with counseling office to coordinate school supply drives, coat drives, etc.
Special Needs Liaison
Keep PTSA members informed of important items for our Special Needs community
Staff Appreciation Week
Amy Hyman, Jennifer Levenberg
Coordinate and run Teacher Appreciation Week for CJMS staff in May
Staff Breakfast for Back to School
Yun Yuan Staff
Coordinate and run event the day before school starts
Staff/Teacher cookie buffet
Plan and organize event for teachers and staff
Liaison between SGA and PTSA
Keep list of and reach out to members of the community who can help with events
Bess Siegal, SSL Volunteer, SSL Volunteer
Maintain and update the CJMS PTSA website
Back to School Picnic/Social
Eve Pincus, Reem Najjar
Organize back to school event